Thursday, August 4, 2011

Seaside and Silverwood

Wow, it was brought to my attention today that I haven't blogged in like a month. (Thank you Erin) I don't mean to neglect my blog because I really do like to go back and read it, it's just finding the time to sit down and do it! Also, I find blogger to be slow and the picture uploader lame so it makes me less excited to sit down and do it.

blah blah blah onto the fun stuff. First our trip to Seaside! We had a fun time. It was a short trip but a good one. We started in Seattle at my great Uncle Fr. Lyle's celebration of 50 years as a priest and 80 years of life. It was great to see all the family. It was important to us to go in that Fr. Lyle not only officiated our wedding but has baptized all four of our children! It was however a very un-kid-friendly kind of a day. Start with 4 hours in the car + 2 hour long Catholic mass + reception at a country club! sigh, let's just say we were all ready to be back at the hotel swimming and I was very ready for the Margarita(or two) I had once all the kids were in bed!!! The next day we went onto Seaside. We had a bit of a long drive because we got stuck in traffic due to a bike race. Once in Seaside we had such a fabulous time! Beach time, dinner out with the fabulous Jones couple, carousel rides, candy store, more beach time, Tillamook and eating lots of ice cream just to name a few things!


Enjoying Tillamook-Say "cheese"


Gracie Gracie Gracie pouting again! who's knows what it's about this time!



sleeping arrangements and yes they did eventually all go to sleep!

gracie is cold, wet and sandy...boo hoo

Tyler LOVED to be cold, wet and sandy!









Onto Silverwood! We had SO MUCH FUN! They have such a great area for kids. It was followed by a super fun weekend with the Jones family and then on Sunday Justin and Greg did Race the River sprint Triathlon in Coeur d' alene. They did AWESOME by the way!






That's all for tonight, perhaps I'll be back in 2 weeks to tell you how I did on my triathlon that is quickly approaching! eek.

No comments: