








We had the most wonderful first week with Max. Justin had the entire week off and with Max being born on a Friday, that gave us two weekends plus the weekdays. It was 10 awesome days! We had our fair share of company, which is always so much fun. I love to show off my new baby. Then we had a quieter week just being a family at home. Sleeping in...kinda, staying in my jammies until 10am...having help with the kids and housework. I am telling you, it was divine. Monday, sniff sniff my dear husband returns to work. Can you believe that? The nerve. I have my first day flying solo with all 4 on Monday. I am feeling up to it. I feel really really good. My energy is back for the most part and I feel pretty much recovered from the delivery. The lack of sleep has taken a little bit of a toll on me, but that is to be expected. Max was up a lot the first 3 nights. Add that to the night before being up in labor(and not knowing it) and I had pretty much 4 sleepless nights in a row. He is now going 3 hour stretches which feels much more doable! He is a sleepy baby still. I have to wake him for a lot of feedings during the day still. Max had his first doctor appt on wednesday. He was once ounce shy of his birthweight. The kids have adjusted wonderfully so far. Of course things might change once it's only my attention they are all fighting for:) Next week will be the true test. For now I will just cherish the wonderful first week we had a home as a family of 6! :)
2 comments:
Wow Angela, you sound like you are doing amazing! I'm glad that Max (LOVE the name by the way) is spreading his feedings out to 3 hrs apart now...that is much more managable! He is just a doll, and it looks like the other kids love him to pieces. I like the picture of Gracie giving him a kiss; it looks like she's about to eat his forehead! :)
Good luck on Monday...you'll be in my thoughts! I'm sure these last 10 days have been glorious! There will be bumps along the way, but you seem to have it together, so I'm sure you'll be just fine. At least Adam is a little older and can be a great helper to you! Your family is just beautiful, congrats!
I thought having a baby on a Friday was such a good idea that we decided to copy you! I hope we have the same kind of week you had. You guys sound great and I'll be thinking about you tomorrow. Good luck you rock star mommy you!
p.s. Have you tried out your Ergo Carrier yet? I have already played with the Moby wrap today and think I'm going to love it. I still need to get it a bit tighter but Johanna is sacked out in it as we speak. Anything to keep my hands free!
Post a Comment