Saturday, November 21, 2009

Tylerman gets stitches

We had just got home yesterday evening from a little family outing of shopping and dinner. All the sudden we hear a slam and screams. Tyler apparently fell INTO the train table and sliced open the side of his mouth on a very sharp edge. It started to bleed and I knew instantly he would need some sort of stitches. I called the urgent care nearby and they said a 4 year old with a cut on the face has to go to the ER. So away we went to the ER. Luckily we got right in. The doctor was fabulous. He had me hold a topical liquid numbing medicine on his face with gauze for 45 mins and that is all the numbing they did! He said the shot to numb it generally hurts more than the stitches. So, he was right Tyler didn't even squirm as he put 3 stitches in his face. I squirmed some...yes I am a nurse but it's not fun to watch on your own child. Tyler did AWESOME, held perfectly still even with a huge drape over his face and it was his bedtime and he hadn't napped. He really impressed me. So, home we went and he gets the stitches out wednesday. That was that. Dare I say it went WELL! He just cooperated very well. He slept okay last night. Woke up in the middle of the night complaining of pain. Luckily the motrin helped because that cut looked SO SORE. This morning he is saying he has wiskers and wants them out! He also won't stop licking the wound which is making me cringe. So I did put a bandage on it, which was tricky right next to his mouth. thankfully mouths heal very quickly.

Some pictures which aren't very clear, sorry our camera is not good.
Their is a line across his face where he hit the corner of the table and then the actual wound is about a cm long and was probably a 1/2 cm wide. yuk.



still smiling! the location of this makes me really believe it will not be noticble once it heals, its right near the crease of his smile.

No comments: