Monday, August 3, 2009

A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned


Well than I did quite well today. Here is a picture of my Albertson's run. This was done using 3 transactions, many coupons, combining promotions and a rebate. Okay, are you ready for the grand total.......$15. If you would like to know details on how I did this I will be happy to share but I won't bore the rest of you with it.
here is what I got:

19 boxes cereal-(8)Honey nut cheerios, (3)Kix, (2)Frosted Flakes, (4)Raisin Bran and (2)Corn Flakes
2 boxes nutrigrain bars
2 brownie mixes
2 packs of yogurt
12 roll Charmin
1 small bottle of All detergent

It was work mind you. First I had to figure it all out, find all the coupons, cut all the coupons, recheck my math 3 times to make sure it would all work...then I took all three kids through that darn line three times plus had to cut out 10 UPC's for a rebate. So I am going to say the many pennies saved I did indeed earn.
Now here is the kicker, the total dollars SAVED on the bottom on my reciepts plus the rebate= $108!!! :) I'll call that success! :)
You can see how proud the boys are in the picture. I did get them involved and I really do hope I am teaching them lots!

4 comments:

Sara Jones said...

You are blessed among women my fellow coupon goddess.

Sarah said...

NICE WORK!!! I do the coupon thing - not as well as you - but what I do manage to get done is HARD work - I bow down to you!! Bringing the kids is usually an added challenge!

Erin said...

I am sooooo impressed! So was Brian by the way. He couldn't believe you got all that for $15. Now he wants me to start clipping coupons. Thanks a lot. :) I think if I didn't have to go back to work in 2 weeks I totally would try and go full force Frugal Chic, but maybe I'll just baby step and clip out a few coupons.

Jules said...

I bow down and curtsy to you. I am truly amazed and have been astonished many times with Sara's purchases too. I'm so proud of you both. However, I am still mad at Sara over the spider thing so right now you get all the accolades.