So I earned the "mom of the year" award this past weekend. Friday, while we were at the library checking out books and movies, I saw the movie Snow White and begged the boys to pick it. After all can you really grow up without watching such a classic? Well, guess what you CAN. I hadn't seen it in quite some time (obviously)and I was shocked at how scary it was. Tyler nearly cried during it and then afterwards they wouldn't go to bed and they are still asking if witches are real and if they can come in our house. Can someone please tell me why every movie has to have a bad buy or scary witch or mean lady on it??? Can't we all just live happily ever after without all the drama of the witch giving us the poison apple? I actually find it challenging to find movies that aren't scary because let me tell you when it comes to Disney...good luck! UGH! Live and learn I guess.
Grace is still challenging us with bedtime. I do have to say we have seen improvement in some areas. I am trying really hard not to jinx myself here but she is going down for naps quite well. Bedtime is hit and miss and at nighttime she is pretty much up twice a night. It is taking less time to get her back down though. So, another thought to ponder and any advice would be appreciated here...shall we just move her to a big girl bed now so that we don't go through all of this again? Currently she is in her crib and the side is down. My fear is that we'll finally conquer this enormous task of getting her to go down nicely and sleep all night in the crib she can get out of, only to move her to a big girl bed and start over. thoughts anyone?
Adam is really really enjoying swimming lessons. He can now tread water for 15 seconds and his swimming is starting to look more graceful(rather than the hard fast swim for your life slaps). He also loves soccer. I sit and watch his soccer deal every week and leave feeling like I wasted my money and time, however, the other night Justin "scrimmaged" with Adam and Justin said he is WAY better and has obviously learned a lot. Shows how much I know! :) I just see them take about 40 water breaks during the 45 min session and play freeze tag while carrying the ball...freeze tag really? and I am sure you are not supposed to touch the ball, that much I do know! :)
Tyler is starting to sound out words! It is very exciting for us all. He is so interested in it all of the sudden. Now, don't get me wrong we are a very long ways from reading but he is getting the basic concepts down of sounding out each letter. So the other night Justin was working with him, helping him sound out TOP. So Tyler is saying ta ah pppp. He does this several times before getting totally stuck on the ppp and then shouts PAPA MURPHY'S! :) We all laughed hysterically and that was the end of that! :) He is also working a lot in the pool while Adam has lessons and is putting his face in the water now. I am proud of him in that he really did do it all on his own. He has his big 4th b-day coming up(seriously how can my second child be 4 already?) and he is already talking about it! He wants a fast bike that will keep up with Adam's! Anyone know where we can find that? :)
I am continuing to really enjoy my weekly pilates class. Now the fact that I do it with my good friend and we always walk up to get a smoothie afterward does play a huge role in that but hey we do still do the pilates. I am also gearing up for the start of the school year. I have taken on the school nurse duties so I have already checked all the immunization records, and next week is one of our orientation fairs where I get to catch all those who need to update their records! It's lots of fun. I enjoy meeting everyone.
So, school starts the 31st and my brain tells me to get these kids back on a schedule like now instead of sunday the 30th but MAN it's hard to get them to bed early when it's summer and so light out. Even I want to be up playing! :) So, wish us luck as we slowly transition the end of summer and welcome in the new and exciting adventure we are about to embark on...Pre School and Kindergarten!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment