Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Random update

Well since we got home from Seaside we have dealt with Grace getting the same flu bug that Tyler had. That was a LONG week. Throw the piles of laundry and unpacking in with a sick toddler and oh yea 3 others to take care of and you get one tired mommy by the end of the week. The weekend was just as busy with a pool party each day. This week things have slowed down. Swimming lessons wrap up this week and I have seen HUGE progress once again this year. Adam is going to pass level 3 which means he can jump into the deep end, crawl stroke to the center of the pool, tread water for I think it's a minute then back stroke the shallow end. This is the kid who was afraid to put his face in the water at the beginning of last summer. Unbelievable! Tyler is swimming! He can crawl stroke all the way across the shallow end, swim under water and today he back floated and kicked the entire way across the shallow end. Again, like his brother he was afraid to dunk under just 3 short weeks ago. Fun times!! Grace has been acting her age of 2. She is adorable and funny but also a bit too ornery at times. She is learning her colors and the other day when I held up the color white and asked what color it was she called out "vanilla!". that's my girl:) If you ever cross paths with her you will collide, she runs everywhere she goes. we collide daily.Max is getting very strong. Holding his head up well. Sleeping decently most nights and most days he's pretty predictable and content. He is very very smiley and I love it! His 2 month stats are 13 lbs 5 oz, 24 inches long.
One more funny kid story. Tyler was in a time out the other day and as I was walking back from putting him into our timeout corner Max spit up all over me and then grinned hugely at me. I said to Max,"oh you think it's funny to spit up all over mommmy do you?" and Tyler came over to me and said "mom, you are so funny I just laughed myself out of the corner!". I said, "ha ha, laugh yourself right back!".






1 comment:

Jules said...

As usual great pictures AND I nearly choked on my granola bar reading about Tyler laughing himself out of time-out. HILARIOUS!