No pictures this time, sorry! :) I guess I should get my camera out, I just haven't taken any lately. Anyways, just thought I give a family update for lack of anything else to blog about.
Adam: Adam Baerlocher Boy (don't ask me why but that is something that we call him) started 5 days a week of pre school last week. It went well except for Friday, when he came home from school with a tummy ache. He had complained of it that morning but had also told me he was nervous so I still made him go to school. 15 mins after I dropped him off the teacher called us to come pick him up. He still had this tummy ache and she was worried because a stomach virus was going around. Well we got him home and he was pretty much fine. Then he went to the bathroom (#2) and felt better and asked to go back to school! LOL! We chalked it up to a case of the nerves and not wanting to perform the daunting task of pooping at school! No one likes to do that anywhere but home right!?! I didn't really blame him but did sit him down and explain that having to go #2 while at school was not a reason to come home! SIGH! This week has gone better. Monday he was very nervous but he went to school and had a fabulous day and has been excited to go ever since. I just wonder if I will ever figure these kids out...I know I won't but gosh I will sure try.
Tyler: Mr. Tylerman is growing up! We had a rough weekend with him two weekends ago where he was really acting out and throwing multiple fits. I was nervous in that we went through a similar phase with Adam at this age and it wasn't pretty. He has really drastically improved since then. He seems to have turned a corner in many areas. He is doing more for himself and even pedaling his trike really well! We have had some 50 degree days here and have taken full advantage! My favorite thing is when he helps with Grace. It's heartwarming to see him really watch out for her. Now of course I have a funny story about him. The latest movie favorite around here is Kung Fu Panda. If you haven't seen it the main character is a Panda named Po. So Po on the movie wears some kind of shorts. Well Tyler got some boxer shorts for Christmas and has insisted on wearing them lately. So Justin asked him if he wears the boxer underwear so that he'll look like Po. Tyler responds, "No Dad, I AM Po". Well, DUH! :):):):)
Grace: Gracie girl is amazing. We went for a walk/bike ride today. I put her on my hip in a sling so that I could help Tyler steer his trike and up the hills. For those of you who don't know our neighborhood we have 3 miles of landscaped paths, it's wonderful. Well, as soon as we got to a path I let Grace down off my hip to walk a little. The girl TOOK OFF. She ran the entire way to the park! I was amazed. She kept up with Tyler on his trike! She biffed it at least 10 times only to hop right back up and run some more. 2 skinned knees, 2 skinned hands and one skinned forehead later she was still grinning from ear to ear never looking back and running for the hills! She just may give these boys a run for their money! :)She must have her Dad's running jeans in her!
Justin: Justin still totally loves his job. A true gift if you ask me. He was recently invited to become a stockholder in the company, which not every employee is invited to do! He was also appointed to be the GIS coordinator for their office. Two big kudos! What a guy. Amazing husband, fabulous father and successful in his job...what more could a girl ask for!?!
Me: I have been keeping busy with my new role of chauffeur. I feel like I am in the van a lot more with pre school 5 days a week. I have been helping some with the Art and Wine fundraising event for Adam's school coming up in Feb. It is nice getting out of the house one evening a week and having adult conversation!
Happy January to everyone...winter is almost over...the days are getting longer hooray!
No comments:
Post a Comment